• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oc the biostar m7ncd (not pro)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumbfish

does anyone know if this board can do anything at all ? i mean without modding it.i have the morgan duron i was wondering if i can get 10mhz extra out of this thing.every time i raise the fsb setting it still cpu-id's the same.i cant find a voltage setting .when i installed the nforce ocing software it told me "some features wont work due to my bios" which really meant that all that was left was a temp gauge feature.im sure this cpu is locked like a vault.

just curious.

MY SETTINGS

IVE GOT YOUR BOARD AND AM RUNNING A XP 1800+. IVE GOT MINE RUNNING AT 1705 MGZ STABLE. INSTALL THE WARP SPEED UTILLITY TO READ YOUR NEW SPEED, CAUSE MY BIOS STILL SAYS 1800+ THE 1800+ USUALY RUNS AT 1533 MGZ. SO I GOT A 172 MGZ INCREASE. THATS WITH A 148 FSB WITH THE MEM ALSO AT 148. SET AT EXPERT WITH THE MEM AT EXPERT ALSO AND SET AT 4,2,2,2.5. GOOD LUCK!!
BRIAN770.

This is not a good OC board (I have one in my wife's comp). There is no voltage or multiplier adjustment (only fsb). It's a stable board, but I was only able to get 146 fsb with mine.

Perhaps if you are serious about OC'ing with this board, the wire method above is for you; I can't recommend this mobo for anything other than stock.

it worked great for me its in my sig.but i dont recommend it unless you want to learn the wire trick

Back