• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquagate, anyone heard of this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Revival

Registered
Well, it looks relatively decent, but I have to say, it's just another Exos style factory solution. Currently, there is no real solution to fit a fully functional watercooling system in that little space while retaining the performance of a regular w/c system (DIY). It just doesn't work.

Looking at how big it is with a 80mm fam the rad will be like a black ice micro, so definately not high performance.
The pump draws 9watts going by a pure power rating comparision then it should perform similar to a 1048 but probably a bit worse.

Can't spot whether the rad is copper i'm guessing so as the block is, but it's silver in colour though probably painted for looks though. but what looks interesting is the rad and res look integrated as one so the rad looks to be single pass feeding the res directly.
Another thing is it looks expensive, and can't compare to a custom kit. but as usual is for ease of use over any real performance gain over air.

Later

It looks like someone did their homework on this one for most of it. Sounds quite interesting.

Jon

Notice the direction of air flow. Air warmed by the radiator is pumped into the case. The water res is also inside the case, therefore it will be waremd by the hot air too, making it exceedingly difficult to get decent cooling without loud fans or at least alot of case fans. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose anyway?

Also note how restrictive the fan grill is on the front. That will restrict airflow considerably in my opinion. It looks denser than a fan filter I once tried, which virtually killed air flow.

Notice how that the air that goes through the radiator doesnt get much warmer, and the water is still gonna be warmer than the air being passed through it and if anything it would actually aid in cooling. The restrictive fan grille would probably be a dust filter.

Jon

JFettig said:
It looks like someone did their homework on this one for most of it. Sounds quite interesting.
Jon

I agree check the block out. LOL

But i want to know where the psu goes if you put the grill plate there to pass tubes through to the outside? check the pic on the coolermaster spec page.

Later

That appears to be a place you can put it, like instead of the front. and yes I was kinda wondering the same when I looked at it:)

Jon

80mm fan at 4600rpm? That's a little noisy for optimum performance. If I go watercooling in the near future, which is a definate possibility, it's gonna have to rival my SK-7 performance with very little fan noise.

Back