• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-E Deluxe r 1.01 - BSOD's - argh!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

k - grabbed this board

A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD 2500+
512 pc3200 and other various types of ram!
msi ti4200 128mb
120g WD - 10g parition has XP PRO on it now.

The 2 problems i am having:

• 1. BSOD as soon as i run SETI@home CLC
  • 2. 3dmark 2001SE crashes @ various points
  • 3. This problem came up tonight - upon trying to format and install XP PRO from server 2003 - the setup , when i hit F8 to agree to license would BSOD or just reboot - it took me about 6 tries before it would format - i now have XP PRO on the system.

i have tried

• 1. 6 diff, types /sticks of ram
  • 2. 2 diff. power supplies - 400w / 520w
  • 3. 2 diff. video card
  • 4. Reflash bios to 1008
  • 5. 2 diff, hard drives
  • 6. 2 diff O/S - Windows Server 2003 and XP - both after a fresh install and both tested after all updates applied.
  • 7. every bios setting combination i can imagine!

I really dont know what is left but to take this board back - the store had one other one in stock - but it seems there is only 1 revision of this board - i am hoping it is just this board is bad.

Does anyone have any thoughts of what the problem could be?
If not, I cna only get a store credit @ this place :( so there is $200 credit - i will try to get the other board and hope for the best but if not i am ordering something else!

So - pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee help me not have to return this board!

:D

well, are you using MBM5? You could see if its a PSU problem that way. How about Memtest, you could also isolate a ram problem, instead of just throwing in ram to see if it works. Are you OC'ing at all?

^^^ not O/C's

ran memtest last night - no errors on the 3 sticks i tried (also all the sticks work in my other systems)

have to check the PSU with mbm5 :_)

I have this same mobo in the system in blue in my sig. It's been running great for me. I got mine from newegg, along with the RAM, and the Unlocked 3000+ Barton. I only had one problem, and that was when I was attempting to OC it the first time around. As soon as I hit 211Mhz I got the infamous BIOS corruption with the Nforce2 boards. Luckily enough my chip was unlocked, so I was able to get it to 210x12 (haven't tried anything higher yet, but it's rock stable right now)

I would definately check your PSU. I have the Enermax 651 on mine, and I'm extremely happy. If you have acccess to a multi-meter I would definatly check your 5v at the mosftets, as the reading you get there will be almost the exact voltage that's getting to your mobo. Anything less than 4.85v and you might want to think about Hoot's trick of boosting the 5v line. (I'll link to it when I have more time tonight)

If I can think of anything else while I'm driving home from work, I'll let ya know.

new power supply - fresh format - run seti - works for about 20 seconds then BSOD!

Code:
win32k.sys - Address BF8eeB40 base at BF800000,

this is trying with a 420w and a 520w power supply

it is the CPU!!

i just put in a 1800+ and have been runnig nseti fine for about 12 mins now! now BSOD

so i guess somehow the cpu was bad.

i did not even get to overclock this chip so it was not that - however the COmpu Amersa compuetr store here i know they do sell items people return! so i probably got a bad one!

*******s!

this si weird!

i took the barton 2500+ that was BSOd'n in th A7N board - took it out and put it in a Abit KD7 board - runs fine!

took the barton 2500 out of the KD7 board - and put it into my A7N - running seti and has not crashed yet

WTF

and both barton are the same model / chip / week and all!!!

weirdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

now to ditch this barton and get a mobile so i can overclock like am mofo :D

Back