• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo 3700 with High FSB???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DMC8260

Registered
Buffalo PC3700 BH-5 with High FSB???

Ok I am goin to have a pair of Buffalo PC3700 2X512MB dual channel. I have my 2.4C MO which I am running on PC4200 with 1:1 at 280FSB, but then the timming is 5-4-4-3 and I can't use 5:4 to push my FSB up more.
I am just thinking if I have the PC3700 with BH-5 chipset will I be able to run 5:4 at 280FSB but with tight timming?? Since the PC4200 with Hynix chipset can't run tight timming with high FSB, it can't run anything other then 1:1 with high FSB.

Last edited:
280 will be running BH-5 pretty high but anything is possible with enough volts. Getting the ram is a different story, unless you have it already make damn sure it is BH-5 because its getting very hard to find and Buffalo hasn't made any in quite some time.

Also keep in mind tight timings on an Intel setup are not as important as in an AMD setup. I would worry more about getting a high FSB with loose timings. Just .02 though.

It would only be 227 at 5:4 not 280.

I also think that you would be better off sticking with 280 1:1 as that is some serious speed on the memory bus.

See if you know anyone that has some BH5 that you can borrow to try, and see what you get for results. Any BH-5 with 3.2-3.5v should be able to hit 227 and well beyond.

i would think most decent bh5/6 could run 230-240 with 3+volts. yeah i know how u feel, if that proc has more speed in it, u want to get it..

however b4 i invested good money in something else why dont u find a cheap stick of something that will run 3/2 just to find ur cpu's max first. cause if ur cpu gives out at 283, it isnt worth buying new expensive ram. now if it runs to 295-300, then id say yeah its worth it

Back