• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My watercooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radical_53

I'd like to show you my present watercooling setup, to get some impression on what I could improve.

This system cools my A64 (2.48GHz, 1.72V) to 44° under load, my 9800XT (510/400) to 38° under load and my NF3 chipset (FSB 275) to 39° under load.
Yet, it stays very quiet, as my 22db fans are only running at ~7V.

Here are some pictures:

a641.sized.jpg

P3010027.sized.jpg

P3010032.sized.jpg

Thats a real sharp looking rig and doesn't seem to need much if anything at all. I would only say use the flexo PET sleeving over the wrap around type and maybe trim back some of the PSU wires to length but the way you have it now looks real good to.

Thanks alot ;)

I already put the PSU wires on top of it, the ones you see are inside the PSU (plex cap). Also, the wires show up more than normal as I used a flash when I took that picture.

Still, I'll try to "ghost" them even more ;)

About the water color, I'll have to test out if any stuff works fine with my WaterWetter, because right now the hhoses stay crystal clear, as I like it ;)
They went dull one time I put color stuff in there, but I'll test that out, as now I do use a different type of hoses made of a firmer material (PUR).

The common complaint in the forums (me included) is that the WaterWetter is responsible for cloudy tubing. It just takes a perioud of time, which depends on numerous variables. I would wager that your clouding you thought was due to food coloring was due to the WaterWetter.

I now use blue Pentosin antifreeze (for VW's), in a 25% solution of distilled water, along with a tiny bit of anti-fungus stuff from a pet shop. Seems to be a winner for me, and cheep too.

By the way, the flow on this setup is ~ 100 Liters per hour, roughly 25 gallons...

How about that? Ok or could it be better? I'm using a 5W 12V pump... ;)

Back