• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Radiators In Parallel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VAdept

Well I think I want to go with a parallel system to use with my Iwaki and rads. How would you reccomend I go about it? I was thinking a 3/4" ID Tube to a piece of PVC with 3x 5/8" Pipies going to each rad, and then having them come back to another section of PVC with my 4 outputs. so It would look something like this:

I REALLY don't want to mess this up, better safe than sorry. Looks like im going to have to order 10FT of 3/4" and 5/8" anyone want to buy any extra I end up with? Ill be getting the Tygon Reinforced stuff. Should I redo the fitting on my resivour tube design to use 5/8" or 3/4" fittings?

Also, is this the right pump to get? http://www.petcents.com/ItemDetail.cfm?ItemID=0422-0002

So many questions, I wouldn't be so inquisitive but like everyone says this is a real ambitious project.
flow.jpg

Could I possibly be able to use this:

Shape Pipe to Tube Adapter
Pipe to Tube Type Male Pipe x Tube Multi-Connection Adapter
Multi-Connection Type Four Connection
Pipe Size 1/2"
Material Polybutylene
Pipe to Tube Connection NPT Pipe x Instant Tube
Maximum Pressure (psi) 145

McMaster
5203k51_180x120.gif

Seems they might solve my "Mystery Box" problem unless you have a better idea.

What are you cooling ? A nuclear reactor ? It looks like there are 4 processors in that system is that correct ? And what on earth are you doing with the pipes ? Are they chilled or just another path for the water to take ?

There is 16 feet of pipe in that system and 10 feet of tubing ? With the complications you have created in this theroized cooling system it would actually be better to keep it on paper.

Well have you set it up ? Are there 4 processors or 1 ? And for the expense and time I would just run tap water through it and pay the water bill at the end of the year lol....Actually set up a swimming pool in the yard and keep it full year round.Tap into the side down low and no pump wil be needed.The water even on a hot summer will rarely reach 85 degrees and with that volume of water your processor would never effect water temp. Matter of fact the preassure comming from the weight of 10,000 gallons of water may require copper pipe..And that is cheap lol...

Unless your planning on cooling an entire never ending lanparty gathering I would go smaller, especially if your new to watercooling. That looks like a ton of work & I would hate to see it not work. Kind of expensive also =/

I like it too.
looks sweet, but why the copper pipes after the waterblock? Don't u already have 3 radiators??
I would also get a second iwaki pump in the loop to increase pressure as well as security.
Can't wait to see it, good luck dude!

Well just bookmark: http://www.nexusnetwork.us/Cooling/design.htm

I'll be throwing all my progress up there. I have the cash to do this but im still in design stages for a good amount of things. I estimate this is costing about 500$.

Where did you get the impression there is copper pipe after the waterblocks? Just look at my page above, im using Reinforced Tygon yhroughout the system with the exception of the 1" ID tubing which I had laying around.

Im still trying to figure out what pump to get or to just order everything and try and get the pump last.

Well more power to you then!!!! You best come here & post some pictures of that sucker once you get it going. That will be sweet!!

(I'd almost consider custom modding 4 cases & putting them all in a row, make a lil server like station. Tubing could go from loop to loop with the PC's being side by side. =] )

2 things...

1) What is the purpose of the 16 feet of piping? If it isn't doing anything to cool water, get rid of it.

2) The loop with the NB and GPU block will get much less flow than the other loops with only a CPU block. This will be a significant problem.

I'm not really sure what you're doing, but you could make one of these to cool your water:

radiator7.jpg

If you're going to start another thread on a topic, you need to give the necesary background info, or link to the other thread. Otherwise nobody will have the slightest clue what you are talking about.

Back