• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows xp screwed or virus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fragger56

for some reason recently(like in the last hour or two) i keep getting popups from windows sayin windows file protection, some important files have been replaced with unrecognised versions and may affect stability (or something along the lines of this) well it then asks for the windows cd to copy the files over.
after having this happen several times i said **** it and ignore the warnings ant tell it to ignore it but now it is happening about once every 20 -30 seconds( im having probs typing this post cause of it) can anyone tell me what could be causing this?

also for some reason i can only open norton/spybot S&D right after bootup could this be a virus or is windows xp ****ing up?

Sounds like a virus,Update norton because there is a new virus on the lose. Also if you have no ability to do that,check tremdmicro.com and get an online scan.

yup i think its a virus i cant even open up norton, though i still get the scan request popups, now this thing is lagging like mad i wonder how i coulda got the virus as the only thing ive dled/installed is rivatuner odd huh?

yup is a damn virus its that new pe-beagle.p one, and you know what ive had that winupd process(the virus) for days now its been under my nose and i havent noticed damn norton not updating itself enough.
guess that happens when you tell it not to cause it dose it too often lol
well problem solved i guess.

if you can't manually delete the virus, you can always locate the virus file itself and then remember the path and go thru command prompt safe mode and delete it that way :) that is how i have to delete a number of viruses that never want to go away on my friend's virus filled computer...

Back