• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moblie stability for overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computerbias

I have not seen too many, or even enough posts letting me know what the FSB and Multiplier settings are on the mobile Proc's

When the voltage used is said to be different for all at same speeds, does the FSB/Multiplier equation matter or not.

I am running 2436MHz from 203*12 @ 1.725 vcore
I see others getting the same vcore and running 2500-2600 or higher, but I want to know how, is the fsb larger and the multiplier reduced or what.

I am hoping that someone could help me know if this matters or not.

I would like to get over 2550MHz at less than the 1.9 vcore it has been needing to keep my temps down.

Help please.:burn:

MHz speed = FSB x multiplier

They can do more FSB because they have quality RAM that can take it.

They can do a higher overclock because they have a name brand (not just more watts) power supply.

They can do more MHz because they have an all copper Thermalright heatsink.

They can do more because they have a noisy and powerful fan.

Last edited:
c627627 said:
MHz speed = FSB x multiplier

They can do more FSB because they have quality RAM that can take it.

They can do a higher overclock because they have a name brand (not just more watts) power supply.

They can do more MHz because they have an all copper Thermalright heastink.

They can do more because they have a noisy and powerful fan.

Or They just watercool :p

ok, I am running an NF7-S 2.0 bios 21, samsung 2X256MB pc3200 @ cas= 2.5,3,3,7
350W psu, radeon 9500 Pro, 80Gb and 60Gb Maxtor 7200 Rpm drives.

What else will help you recommend?

Maybe a name brand power supply, or Thermalright but that's an OK overclock, seeing higher OCs doesn't mean they're average.
Increase the voltage and try that too.

I need for sure, more effecient cooling, but would like to get better ram also, not hurting oc though,

PSU? .... I am sure I could do better as well

How about saying which one you have, did you know that there are 'so called' 500 Watt no name cheapos out there that are no good for major overclocking. PSU Name brand is more important to have in your sig than CDRW info.

Back