• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much can a BIX handle?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A_power

Registered
I plan on using a BIX in my system was woundering how much it would be a able to cool? I plan on cooling CPU, chipset and video. Is this to much for it? I will be using a L30 pump for that makes any difference. If it is to much for it, then what should I look at thats roughly the same size. Thanks for the help!

A_power

kind of depends on what fan u use..
cfm/static pressure of the fan is the varible in the cooling preformance. Also, do u plan on overclock? what kind of hardware r u using?

I believe the JR-120 from dtek is close to the same size, maybe a little bigger. A pro core would definently handle all of those even with a low-rpm 60-80cfm fan or blower, but may be too big.

I've noticed absolutely no temp difference between a BIX and a BI Pro, even though a Pro is half the thickness (and dissapation according to manufacturer) while running my p4 3.0C at 3.6Ghz. Thats all with a maze3 and an ehiem 1048. The higher end stuff probably reacts more to different radiators.

I do plan to overclock it some but, not a ridiculous amount. So it would be able to handle it?

from what it sounds like your doing you shoudl go with a BIX, it woudl be easier on you for instalation and all that, and it probably looks better. The performance is probably 'comparable' being pretty close.

If you wanna increase the performance a little, you could get a pair of bix shrouds to slap on there. They also look real good too.

Jon

Back