• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I use my Gforce 2 MX 400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SynapticBliss

Registered
I'm going to be buying the components to build a new system soon, at the heart will be the NF2 UI.

I want to hold off on purchasing a video card upgrade until the next generation of cards come out.

So my question is, can I for the meantime use my Gforce 2 MX 400 with this board? I'm a little worried that the AGP 2 won't work with the 4/8 AGP ports.

If it doesn't work maybe I can get a 30 or 40 dollar card to tide me over...? I don't want to spend $150 in the comming weeks only to find I could have had a 9700 Pro for $125 in 4 or 5 months.

Thank you for your help,
-SynapticBliss

Short Answer - Yes. (You SHOULD but don't quote me on it)

However, all next gen cards are going to be PCI-X, so if you really want one of those you should wait for the NF3-250 Socket 939 or the new Intel Chipsets. Personally, I'd go with the Infinity or LP B, a mobile 2600+ and a 9800 pro; you'll be good performance wise for a long time!

Short Answer - Yes. (You SHOULD but don't quote me on it)

I like the short answer, deception``, but with what you've tacked on there I'm still as uncertain as I was before. Are you saying I SHOULD [be able to] use and AGP card with the newer MoBo?

I'm not really looking to get one of the PCI-X cards, I just want to wait until they are out so prices drop on the current good stuff and hope it hits my frugal budget.

Thank you deception`` for your reply.

-SynapticBliss

Back