• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

superlocked athlon xp 2000+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
even it its locked you can still oc it , i got a locked 2000 about a month ago to 2Ghz on stock cooling and stock Vcore

what are the system spec's your droping this 2000 in to ?

2000+ is locked at 12, that's a decent overclock with PC2700 RAM but not with PC2100 RAM.

Doing as much as 12 x [190] = 2280 MHz if you have PC2700 isn't bad at all.

Last edited:
i was planing on using it on my k7ama and up the multi with the pin mod because that mb overvolts to 1.8 so i figured i could use good cooling and overclock it with the multi i know its not the best way but its good to get i volts worth....lol and because there is no fsb settings on that bored i wouldnt care if its locked because i dont have a mb that suppots uping the multi its just superlocked im worried about

Superlocked means multiplier locked.

MHz speed = FSB x multiplier
in your case
MHz speed = FSB x 12

So if you have PC2700 RAM, what are you worried about?
PC2700 RAM can overclock just enough to the FSB you need.

Last edited:
i know that but superlocked also means theres no way off unlocking it,theres locked then theres superlocked,i heard superlock is core locked you cant do any pin mods or paint tricks

on locked multipliers you can do a pin mod to change the multipliers but on superlocked it doesnt work

p.s. and i cant up the fsb with that crappy motherboardthere is no way to

Last edited:
When you say "on locked multipliers you can do a pin mod,"

They're not locked multipliers on the CPU, the CPU was factory unlocked.

It's particular mobos that don't post high range 13 and up multipliers that people may need if they have low quality RAM. Then they do mods to enable those high range multipliers because their mobos can't post the multipliers on those unlocked CPUs.

The chips themselves are either multiplier locked or unlocked.

but i still want to know if the multiplier is superlocked like the later bartons and later applebreds or if the multiplier is just regular locked if its regular i can do the paint trick to unlock them if they are regular locked

if its one of the newer locked chips that are super locked there is no way to unlock it

what are the numbers on the chip ? if you know dont take it out just to find out , unless it is out

OK here's the deal.

There are
2. Factory multiplier unlocked CPUs.

So 1. Factory multiplier locked CPUs
If you have one of these new factory locked CPUs:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=244237
then there's nothing you can do, they're locked or super locked.

There's no regular locked and super locked, they're both the same.

Then you have
2. Factory multiplier unlocked CPUs.

They're the ones that are already unlocked but some motherboards are not capable of posting some multipliers.

That's where modding already factory unlocked CPUs comes in.

see dead man makes sense because the older locked chips you could unlock by painting the bridges the newer ones you cant so im guess its supperlocked because its a newer one

Back