• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best O/C bios for nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFlons

Registered
I have just went from bios 14 to bios 21 and it gave me a +5 fsb boost for my mobile Barton 2600 running now at 210X12.5

I have heard of modded bios's like tic tac and some others. Which is the best and can I flash them with abit's flashmenu in windows like I did for the bios 21 flash?

Will these help me attain a higher overclock?

What are their advantages?

Thanks in advance

Some of these BIOS have been known to help peopl achieve better overclocks, however, I've tried a multitude of them and they haven't really helped me all that much - I think the best one out there for a long time was the Modded d10 BIOS that has been going around for some time, I think it was Tic Tac Toe's....

I'm using the d21 BIOS right now and that has actually given me the best results - there isn't much reason to change. Another thing about the modded BIOSs is that there are different ones for different things, usually there is one for overclocking but that breaks something or one for say, SATA performance, but breaks overclocking. So you really have to know what each version is for before you go out trying all of them. Not sure if there is any kind of database of them or anything - I just get them from threads that I stumble across :(

Back