• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobile barton bus speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i know that there are many limiting factors but i want to know like how much it can take before going over 2.0 volts ex 230mhz

If you have so called unofficial PC4500 RAM and you have a motherboard that's modded and capable of running extremely high FSB speeds then you can lower the multiplier on your CPU and hit some really hight FSB speeds.

How high?

There are people that used extreme componenets to reach way over 250 FSB. I believe I once saw over 270 FSB but there's probably more out there.

I guess what I'm saying is that chances are you will not have the RAM or the mobo capable of running the highest FSB your recently manufactured CPU can take with a low multiplier.
MHz speed = FSB x multiplier

but i was asking stable with the mobile bartons because i heard of a few people that can't get past 220 and it's not their ram

Busty St. Clair said:
but i was asking stable with the mobile bartons because i heard of a few people that can't get past 220 and it's not their ram

Its probally not the chip. If its not the RAM its most likley the MB.

Chances are it's their mobo rather than the recently manufactured Barton CPU.

Back