• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400 pin and vcore mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dukemurmur

i need to get a higher multi on my 2400 i have stock voltages and stock cooler i have the fsb at 138. that is all i can get so i need to up the multi and vcore now so i can get at least 2.3 any help please

which 2400 is this? Tbred or Mobile? if it's mobile then what's the problem? they are unlock. if it's Tbred then it might be locked, high possiblity too, i've encounter about 5 different XP 2400 recently and they are all after week 39, so they are all super locked

Gl what? Also i have the stock cooler what can i go for voltage on it. Right now i'm looking at 1.725 at 17multi and 137 fsb that would be 2.32 can i do that i need to know as i'm going to try it tonight. As of know my temps under seti and cpu burn arnt over 36 ever even with the fans turned all the way to low. So as long as it stays under 50 i should be good right? I have a KT-600.(SOYO)

Dukemurmur said:
Gl what? Also i have the stock cooler what can i go for voltage on it. Right now i'm looking at 1.725 at 17multi and 137 fsb that would be 2.32 can i do that i need to know as i'm going to try it tonight. As of know my temps under seti and cpu burn arnt over 36 ever even with the fans turned all the way to low. So as long as it stays under 50 i should be good right? I have a KT-600.(SOYO)

Yep u should be ok but i would monitor the temps for like an hour or so before u leave it alone. \actually the stock 2400 cooler is not bad! i used it to oc my 2500 to 3200 for a while before i got something better.1.725 is pretty good if u can keep it there.If u have to hit 1.8v i would be very careful of the temps tho.It should be ok at 1.75v also. Thats where i had mine set.

OK thancks for that. I also might duct it so that it gets nice cool air. So that should be good at those speeds hsould i do it on the cpe itself or one the socket?? Also will i have to cut anybridges on the top or not? PLease respond soon if u can as i have more questions and i want to get this done tonight and tested.
edit: cpu or socket as in where should i put the pins

Last edited:
sweet good deal i had my other case ducted and it really helped but this is a BRAD new case so i really don't want to right now. So it will start up and post and everything at those speeds nothing i bios has to be changed? It will read as it has an 17*multi? and 1.75 vcore?

Dukemurmur said:
sweet good deal i had my other case ducted and it really helped but this is a BRAD new case so i really don't want to right now. So it will start up and post and everything at those speeds nothing i bios has to be changed? It will read as it has an 17*multi? and 1.75 vcore?

Providing the chip wants to go the distance to 2.3ghz and the pin mod was successful. sometimes u might have to to the mod a couple a times before it works

well i only have enought thermal paste for once tonight. Could i scrape it off on a plasctic card and save it?? so if i run out at least i will have some? as i c no reason why it would be a one time use would it?

Dukemurmur said:
well i only have enought thermal paste for once tonight. Could i scrape it off on a plasctic card and save it?? so if i run out at least i will have some? as i c no reason why it would be a one time use would it?

yes u can use it over again np. But definitely not after 6 months hehe.

well it was a no go, The Vcore mod worked but not the multi mod. So i did the 1.75 vmod and it came out to b 1.82!!!!!! So what should i do that was a teddiuos process let me tell u i almost gave up!!! So what can i do take it out and double check all the wire mods? then change what needs to be changed and put it back in??

ok the bios said 1.82 now hardware mon says 1.79 the temps as of now are 37 but that is only at 2.05 as that is all i could oc with the fsb i need help fast!! should i try changing the multi on my mobo?? or does the pin mod override that?? i have dip switches

Dukemurmur said:
ok the bios said 1.82 now hardware mon says 1.79 the temps as of now are 37 but that is only at 2.05 as that is all i could oc with the fsb i need help fast!! should i try changing the multi on my mobo?? or does the pin mod override that?? i have dip switches

First of all if the chip is unlocked and u have at least pc2700ram,

U should have dropped that multi and set her to 14x 168fsb a long time ago! That way u get faster cpu speed and faster ram and total fsb without running ur pci bus outta wack! 2.35ghz!

If u have only 12.5 and under? 12.5x168 is still 2.1ghz without changing the pci bus. increase it to 182 is 2.27ghz without going too far out of spec.

Forgot ,just take the wire out of the slot and reinsert it and u can try again.

Back