• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a virus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wired14

I just received an auto responce email that my pc tried to email them with the WORM_NETSKY.D virus.

I just finished scanning my system with TREND and NORTON. ad-aware and spybots. I even scanned with the little FIX tools symantec has for download and all of them found nothing.

so what is going on?

Be suspicious of any email like that, it might be a virus gateway itself. I would read up on the Netsky.D variant and see what exactly it does to a system, then try to asses whether or not you have it by looking for sytem modifications as detailed in your research.

Running two virus scanner's on the same system is a no-no. Choose one and keep it updated and enable all scanning options....ie inside archives, setup files and so on. Personally I would loose the Trend AV.

i already found info on that virus and what does it do and modifies in your registry. I checked mine and everything is ok :)

I do not run 2 anti virus at the same time. This pc has TREND and my other 2 computers have mcfee. I clicked on "scan network computers" :)

I would just delete an email like that as junk once seeing the subject line... I don't open anything from names I don't recognize.

Back