• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NFII Ultra Infinity Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knitoe

whats up? i just recenty purchased/installed the Ultra Infinity, and have a question about temps with it. i have mbm5 installed like so:

Case: Winbond 1
CPU: Winbond 2
CPU Die: W83L785TS-S Diode

im running prime and my readings at load are

Case: 34c
CPU: 49c
CPU Die: 21c

the question is: are these readings correct? i was under the impression the diode would report a higher reading then the surface? do i have these 2 settings backwards? i have felt the sp97 and it is barely even warm.

thanks,
knitoe

I don't believe dfi supports teh diode. Diregrad that info. What I am wondering is why case temps are 10c higher than my abit, and I'm not even running in a case! it's alos reading my 3.3v line low - as in 3.15 or so, when amultimeter and my abit read 3.3v.

it would be helpful to many people it seems if everyone could share their mbm5 settings. Cheers!

Case temps are higher because of a design flaw. The thermostat is too close to the cpu.

I've learned to not trust any mobo temp readings. I use a probe just touching the side of the core taped to the cpu. The same thing goes for voltages. Trust the DMM before any program.

I agree. I've seen huge temperature differences(15°C) between different motherboards and manufacturers with the exact same cooling setup. I would just use relative temperatures and stability as a guide, or a temp probe.

yea, the mobo reads my case/cpu temp as 30/33 on idle. the cpu is almost correct tho cause when i put a probe there it reads 34-36 and my case is 19-20.

so dont trust any of the reading from the mobo IMO i also dont trust the voltage reading cause my +12v reads as 11.97 on mbm/hardware doctor but it reads 12.06-12.08 with a multimeter.

well I jsut set up my prommie and the residual cold has apparently cooled the probe down, even though I am pretty sure it is covered in dielectric grease. it now averages a degree or two over what my abit reported, not the 10 it was.

wondering what mbm5 is reporting - I assigned winbond 1,2,3. First one is case, second two seem to be cpu. One is always a couple c above the other, in this case, 9c and 8c, sometimes varying a degree or two. Is one the diode and one the socket? I have an oscar wu alpha bios, wonder if it enabled the diode support.

My proc temp goes around 32-35 when idle and it'll max out to 56 in full power. This applies for o/c box, it should get lower when u dont tweak anything. I guess you just can't believe in everything you read.. D'oH !

Back