• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra Sisoft Error Messages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walkngdude

I just built a new PC and am trying to get some benchmarks. When I first had it going I downloaded Sandra and it was working but now when I try to start it Sandra sends an error report and closes.

I emailed their tech support and he was good enough to mail me back.

My mail was:
Subject: Re: sandra.exe, ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106, AppVer: 9.104.2004.2, Offset: 00015645, ModName: dinput.dll

I'm trying to try out your program(sandra) and it keeps sending error reports and will not open.

His reply was:
DInput.dll is part of DirectInput, part of DirectX. Either one of your game controllers/keyboard/mouse drivers or DirectX itself has a problem. Try
Windows Update to check for any patches.

I've tried all the Windows updates and Logitech updates for my Elite keyboard and wireless mouse. I got the updates for my Creative Labs Audigity and this didn't help.

The best as I can recall just before it started messing up I hooked up the mouse and keyboard, installed the Audigity drivers and flashed the BIOS.

Doing the BIOS gave me a very hard time. I have done this on a few Dells with no problems but I think I got mixed up on the file names I was supposed to use when I was following the ASUS instructions. Anyway somehow I got back to version 1014, the one I started with.

Also what does the "Chipset software Installation Utility V5.02.1003 do? I tried to use it I guess to update my chipset information but don't know if it did anything.

I took some screenshots of the error messages I am getting. If it helps here they are:
SandraError1.jpg 539K
SandraError2.jpg 868K
SandraError3.jpg 1105K
SandraError4.jpg 1103K
SandraError5.jpg 1050K

It goes on like this until it gets to Module 75 the goes into a very thing of memory reporting. A lot of the modules have to do with the ATI card.

Can anyone help me with how to resolve this? I really want to make sure everything is running up to expectations. I thought the Sandra benchmarks would be a good way to compare to similar systems.

Thanks
Marc

Did you try to reinstall DirectX?
Also, it may be that Sandra really conflicts with some of your hardware (seems you have not the most generic one :))/ If you can, try replacing keyboard/mouse with very-very simple ones, you could also take out your Audigy for a while and see if it helps.

But first, reinstall DirectX.

Back