• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 USB Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vehbi

Registered
Hello,
I need some help for my very serious USB Problem.

I installed Win XP Pro on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 board. Before doing that I upgraded to Uber Bios 1007. After Win XP installation SPI package, NForce 3.13 Uniform drivers and VGA graphic card drivers (ATi's Cat. 4.3 drivers) were intalled step by step. I have NOT installed 4 in 1 package that came with the Asus Board since they are old enough and NForce drivers can be used instead (I think, but I am not sure!).

However, when I inserted my card reader (Lexar Trio) into USB port, Win XP could not recognize it as 'removable disk' but asked me to install the card reader's specific driver. This wad not an issue with my Intel based laptop.

Do I have to install 4 in 1 driver in order make the Win XP to recognize the SD Card reader as a removable disk?
I need your feedback that helps to solve this problem?

Thank in advance.

nforce2 mobo's have issues with removable storage drives or media or anything like that over usb. know supposively this issue is being taken care of. (cross your fingers) i would suggest either buying a cheapo pci usb card or using the firewire until then. (which may be never) sorry to inform you that. i have read millions of posts throughout many forums with usb storage devices not working. your not alone. i have a digital camera hooked up on mine and not having problems using the software(kodak picture transfer software) to retrieve pictures and the camera shows up in my computer as another drive. strange it aint listed as removable though. my scanner is listed as removable in the system tray and its hooked up all the time. but they both work fine. well, once in a blue moon my scanner disappears and i have to shutdown the puter and unplug it and plug it back in and then start puter and its fine. happen twice since i got mobo.

Last edited:
You need to install XP SP1 update in order to get your USB 2.0 drivers to load.

After you update to SP1, manually update your USB drivers.

Just as a check right now, you probably have yellow exclamation marks on your USB drivers... Check by going to Control Panel> System> Hardware Tab> Device Manager> USB stuff

If you already have the SP1 installed, just right click and go to Drivers, and click UPDATE.

EDIT* You DO NOT need the Asus crap. You did fine with the UDP. All you need now is the SP1 for XP.

Back