• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Default Setting for 2600 Mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlepri

I know this information is on this board somewhere but cant seem to find it, but can anyone tell me what the default Multiplier, FSB and vcore is for a 2600 Mobile.

My new CPU is comming tomarrow and I am just getting ready. Thanks.

How should I start out to overclock this chip. I have some OC experience with a locked barton 2500, but when you add multiplier adjustments it just gets more confusing.

Is it better to start out with a lower multiplier and higher FSB or the reverse. What is the general proceedure?

Theres debate on either way for which way is better, but I believe generally its better to get the fsb as high as you can go, and then change the multiplier.

Yeah, lower the multiplier to hit the FSB your RAM and mobo can handle, you want all the FSB speed you can get.

2600+ Barton: 11.5 x 166 and I believe mobile Voltage is 1.45 Volts.

The Coolest said:
c627627, the mobiles use the L3 bridges as their "Startup" multiplier and the L6 as their "Max" multiplier, the desktop motherboards usually just read the L3s to get the default multiplier of a chip, and as the "Startup" multiplier on any 133MHz FSB mobile chip is x6, people are getting the low range multipliers (x5-x12.5)

hang on i just found this on the amd site

At what voltage does the mobile AMD Athlon™ 4 processor operate?

Operating Voltage of the Mobile AMD Athlon™ 4 Processor is Variable

The mobile AMD Athlon 4 processor currently operates in the 1.2V to 1.4V range (depending on AMD PowerNow! technology operating state).

so are overclock uk wrong in saying that there 2600s are 1.65

this is doing my head in aghghgh

EDIT Ive just rang them and they say there 2500s are the only mobile processors to run at 1.45v......All the rest run at 1.65v?????

anyone help please ?

Last edited:
There are two versions of the mobiles, 45W versions that run at 1.45V and 72W versions that run at 1.65V... The 72W are no better than a desktop barton that is unlocked and therefore they should be avoided...

The default multiplier is not 15 though, that is the maximum multiplier on laptops... it will start up at 5 or 6x and the bios will consider that it's default multiplier... you will either need an Abit/Soltek/DFI NF2 motherboard or do the wire trick in order to get the higher multipliers, 13x and up.

I normally set the multiplier high and then pump the FSB and voltage until it becomes unstable... I figure out the stable max at 2.0V or under and then I back off the multiplier... I then figure out the maximum FSB and try to get as close to that maximum CPU speed at that FSB.

how can i thank you well done:clap: :clap:

ive tried every search engine ...ive been looking for ages

ive now ordered one thanx again ...i cant wait now :D :D :clap: :clap:

Back