• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

could someone help me out for a sec?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tdbone1

Registered
i have a msi kt7 266 pro ru-2 mboard (6380 ver 2,0)

it has a 266FSB and can go upto 2600mhz (266FSB)

my ram = 3 * 256 pc2100 crucual unbuffered (cheapest model)

ok what im wondering is if i get a mobile 2500+ or 2600+ (both 266fsb) what would i be able to clock it to with (good air cooling) by using only the multi

i dont think my system will oc well by using the FSB as it changes how fast it talks to the ram

i might be able to a little bit but i just want to know what i can get by adjusting the multiplier only for now

thanks

MHz speed = [FSB] x multiplier

So the FSB for an average PC2100 stick is high 140s to low 150s FSB.

I used to have a PC2100 Crucial stick and I could do 154 FSB stable 100% insync. All PC2100 sticks I ever tried could do 146 to 154 FSB at the most.

If it can do higher, that means you would have an above average PC2100 stick.
Good luck with your OC.

well ive tried this mboard b4 with my paly 1800+ multi locked

and i couldnt break out of the high 130s (133 = 266) so that about ruins it trying to do it through ocing FSB

that is why i would like to know what could i expect just by changing the multipler and leaveing fsb at 133

could someone relpy fast as i want to ordor this chip but if i cant oc high just by changing the multiplier im prob gonna have to wait for a while as prices really start to add up quick

thank-you for the prev reply

THe chip itself is going to be highly overclockable but you'll need a good power supply brand not just good cooling to overclock.

Also your mobo may or may not have access to high range multipliers (13 and up) which you'll need with your PC2100 RAM.

See if this post can help you if you don't have access to 13 and up multipliers.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=279392

when i go in my bios and change the multiplier it shows 12.5/13.0 and 13.5 and upto i think 16.5 (not sure bout the 16.5)

but i can change the multi higher then the default 11.5 right now but if i change and restart the cpu still ignores what i change it to

i was thinking bout changing it into a mobile processor and doing using that software app that lets u change multi from windows even if its multi locked.

i checked and my mother board supports "PowerOn" so thats good

but what i would like to know is what i should be able to get out of that 1800 paly b4 i start

i have pc2100 mem
i have stock cooling (but might by better if i can get some speed out of it)

my mboard has a prob with ocing the FSB past 133 as it interferes with the usb2.0 (which can not be disabled)

so my FSB will have to stay near 133 so most my ocing will come from changing the multi

also what can i use to connect the l5 bridge on my chip (i need to be able to get what ever i need around town) i live in a big city so i just need to know where and what to get

thanks i have read alot of threads and i know about that liquid silver solder but i can never find that i used phone book one day and called every electronic shop and no one heard of it

thanx for the help c627627

Back