• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My M 2500+ came today!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G-Diffuser

Registered
Hey, just got my Mobile 2500+ from fedex like 3min ago and this is what she says on it:

IQYHA0348SPMW

Anyone know if this SHOULD be a good OC chip? BTW I ordered from newegg

Don't know ... pop it in and see. :D

I haven't read about that stepping, but the mobiles are definitely kicking butt right now (as my XP-M 2400+ sits lonely inside it's case waiting for RAM that will work with it's motherboard to arrive *sniff sniff*).

so wats up with these new mobile cpus?

its 266... meaning the multi is 14 right?

i hear you can change it down below13? is that true?

and someppl say that it dont do 200 fsb to easy... im really interested in seeing your results... post them up dude

0348 i think* is the good stepping, not sure though cant remember. my 2500 mobile is doing 200x12x1.7vcore right now, its just waiting for some more $$$ so i can get a sp97 to cool it at a lil more vcore

My 2600+'s with the same stepping were very good. 3 of them did 2.5GHz prime stable on 1.7v bios / 1.66v monitor. My current one is running per sig.

Here were the results:

#4 - AXMG2600FQQ4C Z374272K30077 IQYHA0348SPMW - 2505MHz (12.5x200) on 1.7v
#5 - AXMG2600FQQ4C Z374272K30322 IQYHA0348SPMW - 2505MHz (12.5x200) on 1.7v
#6 - AXMG2600FQQ4C Z374272K31035 IQYHA0348SPMW - 2505MHz (12.5x200) on 1.725v
#7 - AXMG2600FQQ4C Z374272K31646 IQYHA0348SPMW - 2505MHz (12.5x200) on 1.7v
#8 - AXMG2600FQQ4C Z374272K31659 IQYHA0348SPMW - 2505MHz (12.5x200) on 1.75v

Last edited:
I had to take out the water cooling and then put the new water block on which required taking out the mobo:rolleyes:

Also, I have a 9800pro which will be installed for the first time today and I will also be putting XP Pro on (I have XP Home atm).

So, I be reformating b/c I need to put Pro on. So should I put the new CPU and Video card in and turn it on? Or should I put the video card in and then reformat w/ my old CPU in and when Pro is all up and running put in the new CPU?

It's a new water block that's going on my CPU and I just want it to be crips on my new CPU;) If I put the new CPU on after XP Pro is installed I'll have to take it off and clean it reapply AS5 to the chip etc and I dont want to do it.

So a quick recap.. Will it be okay if I put the new 9800Pro AND the new M 2500+ in at the same time before I reformat?

EspElement said:
so wats up with these new mobile cpus?

its 266... meaning the multi is 14 right?

i hear you can change it down below13? is that true?

and someppl say that it dont do 200 fsb to easy... im really interested in seeing your results... post them up dude

Its a 266 chip. The multipliers are unlocked and no MB detects the speeds right so you have to set that. I guess default if there was a default would be 14.

You can change it down to bellow 13. I can run mine anywhere between 6 and 22. Its the MB that allows for the changes, not the chip. There is a socket mod that can be done to allow 12.x multipliers and bellow. You probally are not going to need it.

Same issues for 200mhz FSB. Its the MB or RAM that is cause people the problems, not the CPUs.

G-Diffuser said:
I had to take out the water cooling and then put the new water block on which required taking out the mobo:rolleyes:

Also, I have a 9800pro which will be installed for the first time today and I will also be putting XP Pro on (I have XP Home atm).

So, I be reformating b/c I need to put Pro on. So should I put the new CPU and Video card in and turn it on? Or should I put the video card in and then reformat w/ my old CPU in and when Pro is all up and running put in the new CPU?

It's a new water block that's going on my CPU and I just want it to be crips on my new CPU;) If I put the new CPU on after XP Pro is installed I'll have to take it off and clean it reapply AS5 to the chip etc and I dont want to do it.

So a quick recap.. Will it be okay if I put the new 9800Pro AND the new M 2500+ in at the same time before I reformat?

Yes that would be fine. As long as your MB supports Barton processors you will have no problems at all. Good luck, hope it goes fast.

i would think it would be fine to put new cpu in now

as long as you do not over clock anything when installing an os.

i have had corrupted installs doing it that way.

from now on i always default my settings from an overclock upon installing an os

Thanks alot, and one more thing. Because it's XP Home and I'm installing a full version of XP Pro onto it, should I do run>format:c ? or put the XP Pro CD?

Before I reformated I checked out my multipliers.. I believe I saw up to 14.5 :D

Abit NF7-S

Ummmmm...I just went to OC and I put it at 200x10.5 w/ one volt higher on the vcore then normal...dosnt post.

I put it at somewhere around 1.7vcore... dosnt post.

I put it at 1.8vcore...dosnt post.
:mad: :mad:

WTF IS WRONGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"1 VOLT" higher = alot and will fry but a ".1 VOLT" higher wouldnt hurt it i wouldnt think

hmmm

good luck bro

hopefully its something small and everything is A O K

Abit NF7-S v2
9800Pro 128
Mushkin 1gig pc-3500 lvl2
EXOS Water Cooling (cooling mobo and CPU)
Antec TruePower 400W

I'm disturbed.:mad:

Back