• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CH-5 change to BH-5 cost justifiable? Pls help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metzeric

Registered
Hello guys!.. Am new to this forum and doesn't speak english that much, so pls bear with me.
Am currently using Corsair XMS3200 (CH-5) and is currently running at 440 (220fsb @ 11-3-2-2) in an NF7-S rev2 mobo.. Am planning to buy HyperX 3200K2 (w/c I believe has BH-5 chips).. will the jump in performance justify the amount that I will spend in getting BH-5 which will cost around $175?...:confused:

The performance difference between BH5 and CH5 on high voltages is well documented. In the end, only you can decide if the upgrade is worth it.

i made the exact same change that you're thinking of.

Now I run 250Mhz on these chips, at 2-2-2 timings.

They are golden.
It's well worth the cost.

is this a HyperX Matched pair?

Hydr0 Styles said:
i made the exact same change that you're thinking of.

Now I run 250Mhz on these chips, at 2-2-2 timings.

They are golden.
It's well worth the cost.

That's awesome -- is this a matched set of Kingston KHX3200K2/512 (2x256)
?

250 MHz:eek: ...sweet... I want that BH-5 too..:D
And yeah, are you using the twin kit or just 2 separate 256s?

While 250 is certainly nice, don't count on your new BH-5 doing the same.

In fact, DDR440 on CH-5 is pretty impressive in itself. I'm all for squeezing out the last drop from what you have. but I really don't see new memory benefitting you all that much here - definitely nothing you will see outside of benchmarks.

Last edited:
Yeah there are no new BH-5s.. Perhaps the ones that are available now if there are still any are leftovers that didn't pass the rigid test that's why they seem to be inferior...

I think what he was getting at is that every chip overclocks differently. Although you may get 250 with good timings out of BH-5, I really wouldn't count on it. Personally, if I were buying new memory I wouldn't spend the extra to get BH-5 over CH-5 let alone replace CH-5 I already had.

Back