• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 2 Sound Crackles And Cuts Out During High OC?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hurtz777

Registered
I am having a very annoying problem on my Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0. I currently have an Athlon XP 2600+ Mobile running at 200X12.5 @ 1.75Vcore P95 Priority 10 stable running 41C IDLE and 48C LOAD with my Vantec Aeroflow HSF. For some reason in games like UT2K3, Vietcong, and FarCry when I overclock to around the max stable speeds of the CPU the sound will start popping and crackling in those games in 3-5 second intervals. I have tried all kinds of drivers and the only way to get rid of it is to lower the overclock considerably by 200mhz or so. Since the Nforce 2 has AGP/PCI lock the PCI bus that the Audigy 2 is on shouldn't even be affected. If this is true then why does it like to do this at 200FSB speeds when everything in the system is rock stable at 200FSB + speeds? Would changing the PCI latency affect it? Has anyone else had this problem?

If I'm correct, you might want to think about putting a heatsink on your southbridge. I've heard issues with the onboard sound if the SB wasn't sinked, the same probably applies to the PCI sound cards.

Back