• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X rev2 1004uber bios with latest SATA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Larethus

Greetings everyone,

It seems to be a popular opinion on nforcers HQ, and even on this board to a degree that the 1004uber bios is the best for overclocking. I received my mobile 2500+ the other day and I want the best conditions for overclocking I can get :)
I was wondering if there is an updated version of the 1004uber bios to include the latest SATA bios? I have read about raid corruption issues with some of the earlier versions of the SATA bios, which is why I’d like to be running the latest.
Is there a simple way to update the SATA bios myself?
Lastly, is the 1004 bios really any better? ;)

Thanks in advance.

The 1004 is supposed to OC to higher FSB more stable.

The uber bios page does mention that bios pre 1005 had raid corruption bug so you have to use v1.00.281 driver. For 1005 and up he recommends v1.00.29 for maximum performance since raid corruption bug has been fixed. I've tried v1.00.40 and v1.00.29 with 1007 and cant tell much difference but haven't tried the Sata Enhanced 1005 bios or regular 1005 (v4.2.12 sata bios). 1007 uses v4.2.27 sata bios (readme says v4.2.15 though).

I hated the 1004...offical and Über...the 1004 was the BIOS version that gave me the most corruptions...10...stopped counting after that...

The least one I had problems with was the Über 1007...not a single corruption issue and was able to achieve 200FSB on my nonmodded A7N8X Deluxe rev 1.4...

Just becareful about making a bunch of changes at once in the BIOS...do a few at a time...then reboot...less chance of corruption when using the 1004 version

Back