• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win2000 bsod!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moorsie

Registered
Hi, I have just installed a trial program (Acoustica mp3 cd burner) onto my dads new laptop, reset and there is now a BSOD every time we start it up at the end of the loading screen and wont let us into windows. Its running windows 2000 pro.

The BSOD says :

*** STOP: 0X0000001E (0XC0000005, 0X8041FB81, 0X00000000, 0X0000000A)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

***Address 8041FB81 base at 80400000, DateStamp 3ee6c002 - ntoskrnl.exe

Have tried safe mode, same problem, tried debugging but still get it... any suggestions???

Thanks, weve managed to get past the BSOD now twice, its just runing VERY slowly... it takes literally around 5 minutes to open then control panel screen and load the icons... thats our only problem now.

I'd uninstall the program, and see if that clears up your slowness problem. You might also be in PIO mode for your hard drive, rather than UDMA

It wouldnt uninstall the program because it froze on the first file it tried every time we tried (cant remember how many) but it doesnt matter now because all the laptops which were sent out are being recalled because there is some other problem with them to do with connecting to a remote network

thanks for the help anyway

Moorsie

Back