• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA3+ overclocking problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MimoPro

Hi, I'm new in this and I have a problem overclocking my PC which is EPoX 8RDA3+, AMD Barton 2500+, Thermaltake 1889a, 2x256MB DDR400 Elixir. The problem is this: when I try to run it at 195x11 ( 1.7 V ) the processor and 83% of the FSB for the RAM (no matter the timings - I tryed them all) it hangs when trying to load Windows XP. The same thing is when I try to run it at 190x11 and 190MHz for the RAM - it goes a blue screen and it restarts itself. It is stable at 192x11 (1.7 V) and 160MHz for the RAM, but if I try to run the RAM at 192 (as the FSB) it restarts itself trying to load windows. It goes nowhere - I can't push it more than that. But I'he seen reviews of this matherbord and processor running at 11x200 as 3200+ or even more. Can the RAM be cousing this thing and how can I solve it?
So if someone can tell me what should I do to "BAKE IT" :) I'll be very happy. Thank you for the help. :) :) :)

have you implemented (installed) the latest bios update from Epox website? if so, there's a function to enable memory prefetch or precache... something like that. I'll write it down and get back to you.

Back