• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TLKfatman

well i changed a fan today to make my case a lil less loud and when i pluged it back in it desided that the raid would go offline on me. now the hds i have on this board are almost new only 5 mounths old and been having problems with raid going off line randomly but it didnt bother me to much.

any ideas on how to fix this
i have
gigabyte ga-7vrxp
2 80 gig wd hds
gforce ti4600
and was using raid 1

What do you mean the RAID is going offline on you?

The array is not being detected?

Have you lost one of the drives?

You should be able to connect one of the drives up to the MB and have it boot. See if one iof the drives has gone bad. If so you can get another drive and rebuild the array, in the RAID BIOS.

Im not completely understanding your problem though.

ok well here is the page i get when computer starts

mbfasttrak133 (tm) "lite" bios version 2.00.0.20
(c) 1995-2001 promise technology
, inc all rights reserved
id 1
mode 2+0 stripe
size 160052
track mapping 19458/255/63
status off line
problem is detected with array 1
press <ctrl-f> to enter fastbuild
press <esc> to continue booting
if i hit esc i get
error occurred system is going to reboot press any key to continue
then when i hit a key it freezes
and if i enter fast bild and try to rebild array i get
error occurred when creating array system is going to reboot press any key to continue
then when i hit a key system freezes

Well when it says problem is detected with array, that sounds to me like on of the HDDs failed. You can't rebuild onto a dead HDD.

Try just connecting one HDD to a non-raid ATA channel and see if you can get one of them to boot. See if you can figure out which one is bad. If both boot, run chdsk on each drive and see if you come up with any errors.

Back