• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Dump Solution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PyroDrew

I recently upgraded to a new computer (all new - still on default no overclocking yet, I think) & I constantly get a blue screen with "Memory Dump" whenever I am typing something online (modem driver is shown on dump screen) or typing in the NWN game toolset (graphic card driver shown on dump screen).

Processor: AMD Athlon 2700
ASUS Motherboard A7N8X-X
Operating System / Service Pack: Windows2000 5.00.2195 ServicePack4
350Power Supply
System RAM: Kingston 512 megs
Video Card: ASUS GeForceFX5700 Nvidia
Video Card Driver Version: Latest (eVGA, Nvidia & Asus versions all don't solve it)

Suggestions?

Thanks.

make sure you're not overheating. try downloading motherboard monitor 5 and verifying temps are ok.

karsten

My temps are cool at 100-120. In high graphic games I can go several hours (temp goes up to 130max, 125avg) & never have a problem. Yet if I go online & reply with 2 paragraphs or so in a forum I get a memory dump.

It most likely has to do with the fact that your modem and AGP are sharing the same IRQ. Most likely IRQ3. If you can, reserve that IRQ3 in the Bios. Also remove anything that uses your PCI slot next to your graphics card since it shares the same irq3. Another thing is to assign all you PCI slots say to IRQ's 5,7,9,10,11 ECT. And finally if you can find in your bios where it shows what IRQ your modem is using and assign it to say IRQ11.

This was happening to me and after various unsuccessful attempts to resove it I ran across the modem/AGP/PCI/IRQ3 conflict. Haven't had a blue screen of death since.:cool:

Back