• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp problems, Win Doc vs Abit EQ, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

I RMA'd my dead NF7-s, and the new one is giving me weird temperatrure readings. My old one used Win Doc, I ran around 43 or so folding.

The board I have now used Abit EQ for temp monitering. I am getting very high, and unusual temps using Abit EQ. Does anyone know which one is newer? I get reading for the CPU of 47 degrees at stock speeds. If I shut it down, o/c it to around 2.0, it will run at 41 to 43 degrees. Then, if I restart it, I get 47 degrees?? What is going on?

I have reseated the stock heat sink, and am at a loss here! According to Abit EQ, my system temps (which were not accesable with Win Doc) are hotter with the sides of the computer
on than off.

I have downloaded MBM 5, but can not get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

E (sorry about the long post)

those programs tend to be more than a little inaccurate and full of bugs. Uninstalling any monitoring applications, restarting, and installing only one monitoring app will probably clear things up a little. Motherboard monitor works fine on my NF7-S, so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to get it to work.

I have also noticed that if you restart your computer and it boots up while it is still warm, the temp monitoring things get calibrated wrong and will say your tems are hotter than they usually are.

If you really want to know any temperature, the only easy and accurate way is to mount a thermocouple directly to that component and measure it with that.

Temp

Thanks for the reply! I had, I guess bios and software conflicts. I flashed down to a less than brand new bios, and got Abit EQ to work again. I am sure you are right about the probes and such, but I do not have the skills to do that.

Thanks for the help!

E

Back