• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bandwidth program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I've ran some sysoft test on my system and basically think they are BS. They were showing a 1.7ghz celeron hanging and sometimes beating my dual opteron setup which i hope we can all agree on isn't going to happen. Anywho I was wondering. Is there a program that shows the bandwidth of my system being used? I woudl LOVE to see how much data per second I am really crunching. Also how much is being moved around my motherboard. Right now each processor is 100% and I'm moving at a crawl. As i'm typing my computer is lagging behind what i am typing. When draining my comp like this I would like to see what she is really pushing. Any programs out there than can do this?
Duck

What OS do you have?
Did you try just monitoring processes on a Task Manager?
Have you tried using Performance Monitor (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools)?

What kind of data do you want to monitor? IDE Bandwidth, NIC Bandwidth, Memory Bandwidth, PCI Bandwidth.....

You could make a reasonable guess at the first two (possibly the third) from the Task Manager, the the last one I don't think can be monitored. What exactly do you want to look at? :)

JigPu

Hmmmmmmmmmmm well i didn't think of it like that. I was more or less wanting to see how much bandwidth was running through each opteron, how much bandwidth per second the memory was using. And, basically beating the same bush, was wondering if there was anything that could show me what my Mobo was doing. You always read how much bandwidth the boards have and how much the memory has and stuff like that but I would actually like to see in MB/s how much each part is using. Sysoft test these however I don't trust that test since a celeron 1.7ghz beat my dual system. I just want to see real application usage.

Back