• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! I can't install windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fldrice

I can't install windows for some reason on my new rig. The comp will go into the setup, load the drivers, then hang... Anyone know what's going on? I know it's not the CD because I tried my win2k cd when the winxp cd didn't work and achieve the same results.

Last edited:
Have you setup the bios to defaults ? maybe something isnt getting enough juice .. and set too aggressive..

Set to defaults change my memroy to cas3 runinng 3-3-5 for install. Really ticking me off! I don't know what can be wrong. It loads the drivers in the setup then it just hangs. After about 15min the comp reboots. By the way, I can't get the machine to boot from a floppy. Do you think it may be the mobo?

Last edited:
It posts:
post%201.JPG

post%202.JPG

And the windows install starts...
install%20load.JPG

Then it just hangs.
url]

NF7s don't like CAS3 neither does Muskin. Set it to either SPD or 2 for the CAS.

Best memory timmings for an NF7 is 2-2-2-11

Don't ask why, but bench it and you will see.

My MB won't even post if I set the CAS to anything other than 2.

Shoot my picture hosting is down! Yeah I tried everything to and nothing works. I'm gonna get a new mobo this weekend.

Back