• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warfare

HI all, Im new the the forum,But am looking forward to all of your suggestions.

OK I Just Started updating my system Used to be an Asus a7n266 with 1800+ 512 ddr pc2100
I started the updates with a new mobo (a7n8x-x) and Ram(kingston 512mb pc3200) slaped that together every thing was great.
Then i orderd my new chip (3200+) During my antisapation of the new cpu I decided to update my Bios, all went well Acording to the flash utillaty.
But when my new chip was installed I started getting windows stop errors,so i began trouble shooting pulled out the 3200
reinstaled the 1800 same stop errors occured, so i then decided to back flash the bios (updated to 1007 back flashed to 1004)
1004 was the oldest that i could find board came with 1003 witch worked, Iv looked every where for 1003 nothing,even called asus ,
thay said thay only got what was available for download,so i ened up RMA ing the board back to asus.
Now i just got it back and It does the same thing. first i just tried booting my current Hard drive gets past boot screen and crashes
so then i tryed to format and reinstall windows and i cant even get it to load the set up files to the hdd.The asus sent board has v1007 bios on it.
My brother has an a7n8x board that he was whiling to let me test my cpu and ram in, all worked fine , Iv tried other hard drives as well and get the same thing.
I want My old bios version back.

IF ANY ONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, im all ears,Please

Or if you know where I could get 1003 from

Thanks in advance

Back