• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artyboy

Every time I start memtest I get 4 numbers that keep running for about 8 hours before I actually get into the test itself. Is memtest supposed to run that program for 8 hours or so before it gets to the actual test or is it part of the testing? What can I do to get around it? Once I get into the actual test I can run it for as long as I want with no errors.

well as long as you have no errors and not planning to overlock anymore then you really dont need to worry bout that but it sounds normal to me

No, those numbers you are getting are not supposed to be there. After POST, you should get a line that says

"Loading . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

And then it will boot right into memtest. What you are describing also happened to me before. Try using a different disc or try the CD-ISO version instead. That should fix it right up.

Odie

Back