• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keeps crashing windows at 200 fsb, what the hell? my abit kills this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Rotory

Disabled
I currently have a couple of setups, one is an abit nf7-s ver2 with a barton 2500 and the second the same cpu (2500+) with an Infinity NfII 400, my problem is I am getting corruption, at about 205 fsb, sometimes even at 200, i can maybe restart about 3-4 times and then get an error that say a windows file is missing, please reinstall or repair windows. The windows is XP and the RAM is a stick of Hyper X 4000 on the DFI, on the Abit its Mushkin Black level 2 BH5 at 2-2-2-11. I am thinking that its the bios, I currently have the latest one, however I have heard around that the beta's are more stable for the DFI's, I need one that will be rock stable with no data corruption at 205 * 11 atleast. I dont know whats doing this, i know that on my abit (when it had file corruption) it was the bios, but on the abit it started corrupting at 230+ and windows didnt crash until about 245-250. (all times 11)

So I guess I just really wanna know what is the best bios for an Infinity NfII?

Have you tried the Mushkins in the DFI?
Hyper-X 4000 is crap on an AMD system.
Put the Mush in DFI and Hyper 4000 in NF-7 and check results

I have put the hyper x into my abit and that did 250 with loose *** timings, my mushkin pulled off 245 with rather tight timings, neither was rock stable, well ha! stable for that matter, lets just say sandra mark stable :) I have found beta bios 1/21/2004 for the DFI and I'm gonna try that one, however I havent read anywhere on wheather or not its stable or not?

Mr. Rotary.... Your missing windows file problem can be solved with a bios setting.

- Check your hard drive documentation for what access mode your hard drive requires.
- Go into the bios under standard features and hit enter on your hard drive.
- Scroll down to access mode and change it to lba or chs, and that should fix your problem.

My western digital needs to be set at chs, and some need lba so just check your documention. For some reason the auto setting doesn't work right for the hard drive access mode.

I have a serial HD does that stillk apply to me, because I the only IDE that i have is a Lite on DVD CD rw drive, and I dont see any selection for a serial LBA option.

I don't know if this applies for sata drives, sorry. So sata drives don't show up in the standard cmos menu? You only see the cdrw?

Back