• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP 64-bit, should I?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if you got a athlon64 then back up your hard drive and install it see how it works if you dont like it the go back to you normal windows. its not hard to format your hard drive and install windows

Friend of mine installed XP 64-bit edition. He said there were no drivers to be found except for the default ones, and within a few hours he decided to format and go back to regular XP. He said "when 64-bit gets some driver support I'll try it again".

He didn't notice it being any faster or anything, but then again, it was a brand new system, and he wasn't used to the speed boost yet

I figured as much after surfing the 64-bit Windows newsgroups. Nothing but problems. This is mainly a gaming machine, so I don't want any trouble with alternative operating systems, so I guess I will stick with trusty WinXP. Hasn't given me any problems to date.

Back