• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4x256 BH-5 on a P4P800 - Anyone running it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merc Zephyr

How is everyone?

I am curious about 4x256 BH-5 on a P4P800 since the only BH-5 listed on the QVL for the p4p800 does not indicated that it will work in this configuration.

Remember with 4x configs he gets a better memory bandwidth score ~2% compared to just 2x. If he has a board that can provide enough current to get all 4 modules up to high speeds it'll be amazingly fast. 4x256 should work just fine.

Signal quality generally degrades at higher speeds, especially in dual channel setups, with the more RAM modules you have.

Such that a lot of boards will not allow DDR400 RAM modules to populate more than two slots because of this.

You will not get as high of an overclock, and it may not run altogether, but I'm guessing you'll get at least 200mhz out of them in that setup.

Thank you very much for the replies. I have seen some BH-5 around still for sale but usually only in 256mb modules and I was just deciding on whether or not to take a chance.

Cheers

Back