• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 Gig Mushkin Lvl 2 on the way!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PerlAddict

Well, I IMed the seller to ask him a couple of questions, and we ended up chatting on IM for about an hour. Since he's Pacific coast, I was waiting up until 1:15 AM my time to make a bid on the auction. At 12:45, he IMed me and asked if I was still up, and I said yeah, and he said to go ahead and high bid and get my butt in bed, and he'd end the auction 30 minutes early for me.

So, I got some BH-5 for $330. And I'm looking forward to it immensely. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3467615243&category=44938

Do not expect too much from them without vmod. My 2 sticks of Mushkin Level 2 PC3500 barely do 218FSB with 2.85V. It requires extra voltage for higher FSB.

Yeah, I know I'm gonna have to vmod it at some point (if I stay on the NF7 and don't go to an Infinity). I just want to have the headroom. And that's half the fun, right?

And they're not really all that "used." They were bought for a client's system that was never purchased. So pretty much used for boot-ups to ensure the system worked, and then taken out when the person didn't buy the computer.

And yeah, it's a little pricey, but that's what tax returns are for, after all. :D And why buy sensible, "it'll be enough for the job" RAM when you can get "WOOHOO!" Ram? :D

Last edited:
Actually, thats not too bad considering NewEgg was selling them for $301 two months ago when they had stock. Heck, if you have been watching Ebay latley the prices for Lvl2 Mushkin have been upwards of $380 for 512x2

Yeah, I saw one pair go for $380 just a few hours before, so I was actually pretty pleased with $330. I think this guy said he bought them for $320 or so off Newegg when he got them.

DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Why the hell did the seller end that 15 min early?!?!?!

I was going to bid up to $350 on that thing!!!! :mad:

Sigh...........................

That was my 3rd missed opportunity to get that on ebay. There was a buy it now for 320 a week or two ago, but I was at the beach and was too lazy to bid on it.

Man.....

I'm really not mad at you, but I am at the seller. Seriously he ended it like 20-15min early...

I was wondering if anyone here would be watching that auction, too. He said he was worried about the "snipers" out there being upset (I usually bid at the last minute myself), but he pretty much just wanted to break even, since he'd already had one sale fall through. I had been talking to him on AIM for an hour or so, and he eventually just told me if I'd make the high bid, he'd go ahead and end the auction for me and I could have it. Extremely nice seller, too, as far as everyday people go - I enjoyed just chatting with him for a bit about techie stuff and college and jobs.

So ... sorry about that. :-/

Yeah it's ok, there's another one that ends in 5 days sooo....

But yeah, I mean to talk to the guy on AIM, but I never saw him on.

It happends I guess, but that really ruined my night.:(

How much were you willing to pay for it?

$360 was the absolute highest I was going. I figured with $10 shipping, that was still $10 less than I saw the previous bid go for.

I met another guy on eBay who has a friend with 1 Gig Lvl 2 that he told me he would probably be interested in selling for $350. I was originally gonna buy some from him. So if you don't win any other bids, I could ask him about it for you if you like.

I just went and looked. That one set that is up to $380 still has two more days left, actually. Geez. It's a new set, I know, but man, that's a ton of dough. I wonder if it'll break $400 in its final hours.

Sweet. I have no idea how far this will go, either. But once I hit a wall with voltage at 2.9v, I plan on doing a volt mod to up it to 3.3v.

-=Ambush=- said:
DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Why the hell did the seller end that 15 min early?!?!?!

I was going to bid up to $350 on that thing!!!! :mad:

Sigh...........................

That was my 3rd missed opportunity to get that on ebay. There was a buy it now for 320 a week or two ago, but I was at the beach and was too lazy to bid on it.

Man.....

I'm really not mad at you, but I am at the seller. Seriously he ended it like 20-15min early...

You still mad at me?? :D You should have put in your highest bid rather than waiting........but anyhow, good luck next time!

From amdforums.com; figured I would respond to this and get an account since I might be using it in the future.

Back