• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't boot to XP Home

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

x86Overclocker0

My computer was working fine last night, but this morning, when i turned it on, it failed to boot into windows. Crashed while it was loading. No problem, I restart and get the choose startup type screen. I choose to boot normally, and it restarts. I choose last working configuration, and it restarts. I choose safe mode, and it starts listing drivers or something, and then restarts. I boot using the windows xp cd, and it starts the windows installation process. I restart and use a boot disk. I try to do "cd c:\" but it said that c:\ didn't exist. I booted using partition magic, and it said that the drive was full (which is wasn't) and that there was a problem with the drive. Partition magic didn't give me the option of fixing it. Luckily, i had 7.8 mb of unpartitioned space. So, how can i get windows working again? If i can just boot into windows safe mode with networking i can copy all my files across the network. I have backed up my data, but it is 2 weeks old.

It happened to the machine that I used to work on after power failure in the building and did exact same thing it keep restarting so the IT had to reinstall!

Back