• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Registry errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mtb856

I just put my new computer together and it was working fine until yesterday. I loaded the drivers that came with a flash drive I bought, and after I restarted my computer, the following error message came up.
Windows has found an error in you registry and will attempt to repair it
It restarted, tried to fix it, and it froze towards the end of the program. I rebooted and it came up again went through the process, and supposedly worked this time. The problem is, every other time that I boot up, the registry error pops up when my main screen loads.
Would reloading Windows be my best bet here? or would one of the registry repair programs out there work?
Thanks

I'd do a fresh install. Much better to start from scratch when something like this happens. Of course, you can always try doing a repair from the installation CD, if you made an emergency disk.

Back