• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Norton Ghost 200 vs. Norton Ghost 2003?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gvblake22

Norton Ghost 2000 vs. Norton Ghost 2003?

Is there any difference between Norton Ghost 2000 and Norton Ghost 2003. I found both on the web but the 2003 version is more expensive and I was just wondering if it is because it is 2003 or if it really IS better for some reason?

Last edited:
2003 uses a windows interface to navigate while 2000 has not been converted from the DOS environment look. It can be a bit tricky. Once the program starts making an image or restoring, they look the same.
However, my Norton 2003 just had a large update to download so maybe they are only supporting 2003 now?

What are you looking to do? If you are just looking for basic disk/partition copy/save management and don't mind all the extra features take a look at Ghost 2000. The main feature I used was the bootable disk and uninstalled the program. It fits on one floppy disk and will copy the whole drive and/or partitions to another drive/partition or save it as an .gho file.

Back