• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refurb from NewEgg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
as far i know

they come barebones, no goodies no manual nada...
but i have not much experience

Now that you bring it up :
The refurb section at Newegg is usually pretty reliable. You normally get a return or open-box product that will work just fine. Sometimes Newegg drops the ball a bit, though, but in a good way. For one, a buddy of mine just replaced his Radeon 8500 that was being eaten alive by UT2004 and Red Orchestra. His solution was to buy a "9800 non-Pro" from Newegg's refurb. Low and behold, they send him a 9800 Pro instead. Nice surprise, to say the least!

I bought my SN45G and a Radeon 9100 from the Newegg refurbs. Both were a-ok. The 9100 was a bare card, but my SN45G came in the original box, unused, but missing the manual and cables.

I got my 9500 pro from newegg's refurb section, and it works great. Saving $60 greatly outweighs the downside of not getting a manual (you can download them anyway), and other little things.

Back