• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fresh install problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr. Strangelove

Some where in middle America counting crows
OK, so I formatted my raid set and start installing xp after it loads files and reboots I get a screen message that says "invalid Boot.ini file booting from C: and then black screen. After that it does nothing. I have attempted several times reformatting (ntsf) but have yet to try fat. ????????

After entering the repair console and running bootcfg /list and then bootcfg /rebuild I'm still pulling the error on boot so the install will not complete. I'm running 2 raptors in raid 0 and replaced the dfi ultra infinity board with a new abit nf7s.

Anybody got any suggestions???

Update
Apparently the problem is with the Hard drives in the array. i moved the drives to this computer and attempted to load on the array and the same problem arose. i deleted the array to 2 base raptors on SATA and windows loads on either drive with no problem. In disk management both drives appear identical. In the raid utility when creating the array there does not seem to be a problem, even swapping the drives to 0,1 or 1,0 does not improve the situation.
Not having much experience with raid array's it seems to me that possibly one of the drives may differ slightly from the other but if that were the case i wouldn't think the raid utility would be able to create the array? Additionally when I had a DFI MB on this setup the array worked and loaded fine.
I guess I will just go with the separate sata drives and lose the performance edge of raid 0.
This blows!

add
HeHe, after viewing this thread it looks like I'm having a really in depth discussion with myself. Pardon me while I think outloud.

Back