• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair VS OCZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I personally would go with Corasir normally, but the price is a good deal better on the OCZ. Might as well check it out.

so corsair is worth the extra bit of money? im looking at geting another stick of whatever one i get to make a gig of ram. but i just dont have the money to get both sticks right now. how i see it. anything is better then what im runing right now.

Neo

neo_18 said:
so corsair is worth the extra bit of money? im looking at geting another stick of whatever one i get to make a gig of ram. but i just dont have the money to get both sticks right now. how i see it. anything is better then what im runing right now.

Neo

That is expensive for i stick here is better! 1gb 3200C2pro $278! check it out! Currency conversion results
Date: 211 in Canadian dollars equals: Exchange rate:
19 Mar 2004 158.53 US dollars (noon) 0.7513 (1.3310)
so you save about $40

Last edited:
well i live in canada. and the prices that u see in the links on the 1st post are in canada dollers not us dollers. so what you see is what i would be paying.

Neo

neo_18 said:
well i live in canada. and the prices that u see in the links on the 1st post are in canada dollers not us dollers. so what you see is what i would be paying.

Neo

yeh i did the calculation from canadian to US and you will save $40 U.S and go for corsair i have it its awsome look at this!

Attachments

• memm.jpg
    memm.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 301
I read a review in CPU mag that put OCZ and corsair tied for number one, but the OCZ is cheaper,

thats why I just placed an order for some my self.

sautegod HAHA Right on man nice to see that im not the only one on OC forums thats from kitchener :D .... where abouts do you shop for your parts? i find that theres no really good places here. but maybe i just have not found them yet:rolleyes:

altho everyone is say corsair, is OCZ really that bad for that price?

Neo

Ok, let me tell you something.
If you wanna go with Corsair, the only model you should get is the PC3500, the 3200 and the 3200LL is using CH-5s which you want to evoid. The 3500 is using BH-5 as far as I know.
I would really consider Top Hat Theater's advice to get a Kingston HyperX with BH-5s from ZZF, that's a good deal.

Suma.

well im looking to get one stick of 512 for now. ill be geting a maching stick of whatever i get in a few more weeks. is there any Kingston HyperX with BH-5's chips that are not 256? how about OCZ 512 ddr sicks, is there any with the BH-5's??

Neo

I doubt you'll find any BH-5 anywhere but 'pre-owned', peeps been on search & buy missions well over couple of months now. Make sure, and if it is, please tell ME !!!

is the corsair CMX512-3200LLPRO better then the CMX512-3200C2PRO? coz the LLPro version cost just a bit more then the C2Pro.

Neo

The LL Pro sticks are spec'ed to run tighter timings than the non-LL sticks. However, I wouldn't get either as neither would be BH5.

As for Mushkin, it's one of the best brands available and rivals Corsair for #1 IMO.

For all those of you looking for BH5, check this thread out They're still available...just gotta know where to look.

~THT

You can still get the Limited Edition OCZ 3200 while you still can before it goes EOL BH-6.

Edit: It's EOL but you can still find them lying around.

Last edited:
so this stuff is BH-5? LINK

i found it on that link that you posted THT. how do you tell whats BH-5,BH-6 and CH stuff if u cant see the chips?

but i would not order off here coz im gussing this is a bad thing. there secure site info its showing Expired :-/.. its the only canada site that i can find right now thats not going to kill me in shipping.

Neo

The timings for the stick you listed fit those of BH5/6 however, I'm wary as I've never heard of that brand. If the manufacturer didn't remark the chips, they'll say Winbond xxxxxxxbh-5 or something to that extent.

~THT

Back