• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will I get Faster 1:1 with PC4200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoreGooder

Hey peeps:

I have 4 sticks of 256MB ofCorsair PC3700 memory.
Currently, I'm running a 2.4C at 238 FSB, 1:1 ratio. Today I was playing around with asyncronous memory timings and could get my processor to load Windows at 3.03 with 253 FSB 5:4 ratio. If I go faster I get some bios bootstrap error thing. Is that because I cant go faster on the processor or because I'm running async?

If I upgrade to two 512MB sticks of PC4200 would I likely be able to clock higher than 3.03GHz at 1:1?

Rest of rig specs is in sig.

THANKS!

take out all ur sticks except 1, then put the ratio at 3/2 and test the cpu overcloking potential. if ur cpu runs around 280-290, u would be a perfect candidate for some of that komusa pc4200 hyperram (adata). most of the guys have been getting 285+ on a gig of that stuff, and its priced very inexpensively 238.00. if ur cpu in fact will only run to about 260 fsb, go to cc or best buy and get a gig of the kingston valueram with the hynix bt-d43 chips. there is a little window on the box-look thru it. i have yet to find a stick of that stuff that doesnt run a minimum of 255 mhz(2.9v). If u catch it on sale with a rebate u can end paying 150-175 for a gig of it. these are my little secrets for getting good quality 1-1 overcloking ram for cheap.. have fun flapper

Yeah, flapperhead turned me on to the BT-D43 when he wrote about it in one of the other threads. The problem with going to BB or CC is that in the Kingston ValueRam, I've only found it on the 256 sticks. I haven't seen any in 512. I think flapperhead had some he bought on eBay that were 512, but they were Hynix branded. If you're looking for a gig, you have to get 4 sticks. Right now, through the end of March they're on sale at Kingston for $80, after a rebate, but I saw that BB is running a sale this week and a dual pack is $70, after rebate. Get a buddy to buy the second pack and you can get a gig for $140. Like flapperhead said..."good quality 1-1 overclocking for cheap". It'll be hard to do better than that.

you know, i just assumed the 512 would be available with bt-d43, but ive never really checked. All the bt-d43 sticks ive owned were 2x256 for extra hi oc'ing. that would be a shame if they dont make 512 sticks.

Back