• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems with kingston hyperX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUBEMAN

Please I need help,I was using two sticks of samsung pc3200.And and I had my fsb set to 215 everything was working fine.So i decided to use two sticks of 512 kingston hyperX ram.But I am having problems,at boot up it only gets as far as the Windows page with the little green bar that moves,on XP.once it gets this far the screen seems to just stay dark and stayes that way.If I press the reset button I can get into bios,and set it to boot from CD-rom so I can run memtest.While doing this I have the settings all on default.But once I get out of memtest,it still only gets to the same spot,then I can hear my monitor click off.Eny help would be greatly appreciated Thanks.One last thing,I have tried removing the ram and replacing it with a single stick of generic 512,and it does get into windows. Thanks

Welcome

If you would please post your system specs this will help...some Hyper X sticks have known issues running on certain motherboards...

Back