• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i overclock my ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rob9804

Registered
hey i have a p4 2.50ghz 400mhz fsb computer that i have overclock to about 2.8ghz, 443.4 MHz fsb..:)
my ram is pc3200 at 333mhz.. i want to know if i should overclock my ram?..and is it safe to do so?....
i only have one fan and thats on the cpu...
my temps are about
cpu--40-45c
and system about --38-42c..:cool:
i have read that my ram and fsb should be about the same so they'll work better togather..is this true?

any and all input is welcome....thx all hope you can help..

rob9804 said:
hey i have a p4 2.50ghz 400mhz fsb computer that i have overclock to about 2.8ghz, 443.4 MHz fsb..:)
my ram is pc3200 at 333mhz.. i want to know if i should overclock my ram?..and is it safe to do so?....
i only have one fan and thats on the cpu...
my temps are about
cpu--40-45c
and system about --38-42c..:cool:
i have read that my ram and fsb should be about the same so they'll work better togather..is this true?

any and all input is welcome....thx all hope you can help..

It is safe to do so. The only thing that could fry a component is overvolting it. So just dont overvolt your ram too much and it will be fine. If you overclock too far, it will just become unstable and give you errors, and restart, wont boot, etc. Then you have to either raise the voltage or lower the speed. But it will not fry it unless you up the voltage too much. And another thing, keep it cool. Heat is your enemie. Also click the link in my sig, dont trust the socket temps!

Yep. That is called sync. And it works better than async (ram and fsb are on a different ratio aka not running 1:1 aka different speeds.

Good Luck!
-0cer

And WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Also I might add, thank you for posting in the correct section! Alot of new members sometimes post in the wrong section, but that is ok.

Cheers!
-0cer
:cool:

Back