• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help!! Hynix With P4c800-e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DMC8260

Registered
I hope someone can help me out here with this setup.
I am planning to buy some Hynix PC3200 BT-D43 2X512MB sticks.
I have a P4C800-E motherboard.
I also have a 2.4C MO that can do 280FSB on default voltage.
I am just wondering will the 2 sticks of 512MB Hynix ram will run 3:2 ratio with that Asus P4C800-E WITH "280FSB+".
Since I have a pair of PC4200 2X512MB Hynix ram now. But then I can only run 1:1 with 2.85Vdimm and 280FSB, prime 95 stables
for more than 24hrs.
I am very sure my ram is limiting me here. Since I can't run 5:4 or 3:2 at 280FSB, I don't know if I can run 300FSB or not. So I am planning on some PC3200 and use 3:2 ratio and try to go for 300 FSB. Someone please help, since I don't want to buy those ram and then find out I still can't run 3:2 or 5:4 with them.

hrhrhrFOOT said:
Why not just underclock and tighten timings? See how far that gets you.

I am not looking for tight timmming.... I am looking for high FSB!
Beside at 300FSB you can't use any tight timming anyways.

the asus circuitry for the nb feeds thru the cpu circuitry. so u might want to bump up the cpu voltage a tad. try using 1 stick and see if u get a faster oc . another trick i learned with my adata hyperram was to set the memory timings to manual. that allowed me to use all 3 ratio's. if i left it to auto the memory would only run to 250, and 5/4 - 3/2 didnt work. lastly, the crazy 290-300 fsb memory oc's, to the best of my knowledge comes with the 2x256 sticks . but u are right id have to know how fast my cpu could run...

Back