• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingstion HyperX 3200k2/512 what can i expect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fcuk

Hi, I've been reading the forums for a while now and have found the place really informative. But I have a memory question:

I'm thinking of purchasing some Kingston Hyperx Pc3200K2/512 (non-A) dual channel set RAM. I tried the forum search feature but could not find anything.

I want to use the RAM for overclocking, I hear its BH-5 ram...?

Problem being I don't forsee being able to give it anymore than 2.8volts, unless I get an Abit AI7. How big of a performance gap are we talking here from 865 to 875?

How far up of an OC will the 2-2-2-5/6 settings follow me? and up to what speeds can I expect from it with better timings than 3-4-4-8?

My computer:
Intel 2.4c have done up to 295FSB, currently on resolving heat issues
IC7 (looking to get either IC7-Max3, AI7, P4c800)
Hynix D43 RAM or Corsair XMS 3200LLPT v1.2
480watt ThermalTake PSU.

Thank you,
Will

Posted by fcuk:
I want to use the RAM for overclocking, I hear its BH-5 ram...?

The KHX3200 Non-A is most likely BH5. I have never heard of anyone who has bought KHX3200 Non-A getting something besides BH5 chips.

Posted by fcuk:
Problem being I don't forsee being able to give it anymore than 2.8volts, unless I get an Abit AI7. How big of a performance gap are we talking here from 865 to 875?

This RAM should be able to handle upwards of 2.9V easily. My boards max VDimm is 2.9V, and my 3200 Non-A hasnt had any problems running. As for the difference between i865 and i875, I think the only difference is with PAT (which used to be available on i865 boards). However, I dont have very much experience with Intel gear, so someone else could probably provide you with more insight on that subject.

Posted by fcuk:
How far up of an OC will the 2-2-2-5/6 settings follow me? and up to what speeds can I expect from it with better timings than 3-4-4-8?

I cant really predict what kind of OC you should get with that RAM. All systems respond differently to different components. You should be able to get some pretty decent results from those sticks though. As for timings, you should be able to use 2-2-2-X all thte way up to Max. You might need to tone it down to 2-3-2-X to get it stable, but those are still better than the 3-4-4-8 timings of other RAM.

Last edited:
Back