• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two sets of bad memory :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmybighands

Well, I switched back to AMD - it's much less expensive. I am running an NF7-S, 2100+ and HAD geil pc3200 in it.

One of the Geil modules went bad, started beeping that damn annoying siren. I pulled one module and it worked fine. Then I swapped them just to make certain, and yeah one of them is bad. So I'm RMAing it right now.

Anyway, for the time being, I popped some of my old XMS 2700 in just to make it run. Funny thing is, one of those modules are bad now too. :( I put it in the slot, hit the power button and got that damn siren again. CRAP. Pulled one module, it stopped. I put the alleged "bad" module in again by itself just to check, and sure enough - siren. I started thinking maybe this NF7 was finicky, so I swapped it into my wifes machine, and sure enough, no worky there either. I guess it all goes at once, huh?

Just an excuse to get a DFI Infinity ;)

That sucks about what happened to your modules. The XMS2700 could be RMAed to Corsair as they come with lifetime warranties provided you buy at an authorized dealer.

~THT

when ur new ram arrives, u might wanna try it to ur wife's mobo first :)

Back