• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the fastest memory I can use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

What is the fastest memory I can use, I have seen people with boards that can take pc3200, use 3500, what is the highest I can use? (see sig for specs of system)

you can use any.

Boards have their official memory they support because of chips that need at least 333mhz or 400mhz(pc2700 or pc3200).

In other words, don't worry about what your board officially supports. Use whatever ram (not rdram of course) you want.

okay, so then what is the fast ddr ram, or in otherwords I guess, what will give the best balance or overclockability and performance?

Basically you should buy the best memory you can afford. RAM can last you many computers if you buy right the first time. The only thing that is going to make your ram not usable is when its phased out (DDR2 is pretty far off).

So basically buy the best you can afford.

FreakinSyco

forgot to add.....

at bottom of screen make sure you choose Adata under brand options... very important

Back